Monday, October 26, 2009

GENITAL WARTS

Genital warts, also known as venereal warts or condylomata acuminata, are one of the most common types of sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s). As the name suggests, genital warts affect the moist tissues of the genital area. They may look like small, flesh-colored bumps or have a cauliflower-like appearance. Genital warts may be very small, or they may multiply into large clusters. Although genital warts can be treated with medications and surgery, they are a serious health concern. The virus that causes genital warts — the human papillomavirus (HPV) — has been associated with cervical cancer. It has also been linked with other types of genital cancers.
CAUSES:Like warts that appear on other areas of your skin, genital warts are caused by a virus — HPV — that infects the top layers of your skin. There are more than 100 different types of HPV, but only a few can cause genital warts. These strains of the virus are highly contagious and spread through sexual contact with an infected person. About two-thirds of people who have sexual contact with someone who has genital warts develop the condition — usually within three months of contact, but in some cases not for years.
RISK FACTORS OF BECOMING INFECTED WITH HPV INCLUDE:Having unprotected sex with multiple partners,Having had another sexually transmitted disease ,Having sex with a partner whose sexual history you don't know ,Becoming sexually active at a young age
COMPLICATIONS :HPV infection ,Adolescent girls most at risk of getting an STD Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) Cancer..Cervical cancer has been closely linked with HPV infection. Certain types of HPV also are associated with cancer of the vulva, cancer of the anus and cancer of the penis. Human papillomavirus infection doesn't always lead to cancer, but it's still important for women, particularly if you've been infected with certain higher risk types of HPV, to have regular Pap tests.
PROBLEMS DURING PREGNANCY. Genital warts may cause problems during pregnancy. Warts could enlarge, making it difficult to urinate. Warts on the vaginal wall may reduce the ability of vaginal tissues to stretch during childbirth. may need surgery to prevent airway obstruction.
TESTS AND DIAGNOSIS
• DETECTING GENITAL WARTS :Because it's often difficult to detect genital warts, your doctor may apply an acetic acid solution to your genitals to whiten any warts. Then, he or she may view them through a special microscope called a colposcope.
• THE IMPORTANCE OF PAP TESTS: For women, it's important to have regular pelvic exams and Pap tests, which can help detect vaginal and cervical changes caused by genital warts or the early signs of cervical cancer — a possible complication of HPV infection.

TREATMENTS

Up to 30 percent of genital warts go away without treatment. If your warts are not causing discomfort, you may not need treatment. However, if your symptoms include itching, burning and pain or if visible warts are causing emotional distress, your doctor can help you clear an outbreak with medications or surgical treatments. The underlying virus is never completely eliminated, however, and genital warts may reappear even after treatment. Genital warts treatments that can be applied directly to your skin include: Podophyllin and podofilox (Condylox),Trichloroacetic acid (TCA). This chemical treatment burns off genital warts. They must always be applied by a doctor. Don't try to treat genital warts with over-the-counter medications. These medications aren't intended for use in the moist tissues of the genital area. Using over-the-counter medications for this purpose can cause even more pain and irritation. Surgery may also be used to remove the Warts.

PREVENTION
 Use a condom. HPV can spread through skin-to-skin contact with any infected part of your body — but using a condom every time you have sex can significantly reduce your risk of contracting HPV.
 Avoid sexual contact. If warts are visible on your genital area or your partner's, avoid sexual contact until the warts are treated. If you've developed genital warts for the first time, inform your sexual partner so that he or she can be screened for infection and, if necessary, receive treatment.
 Consider vaccination. While it won't completely prevent genital warts or cervical cancer, a vaccine known as HPV Vaccine protects against the two strains of HPV that cause 70 percent of cervical cancers and the two strains that cause 90 percent of genital warts. The national Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices recommends routine vaccination for girls ages 11 and 12, as well as girls and women ages 13 to 26 if they haven't received the vaccine already. The vaccine is most effective if given to girls before they become sexually active.

3 comments:

  1. I can’t believe this is really true I never believe there is cure to this hsv 2 because all the hospital have told me there is no cure to it, few months ago I saw this man email DR.Ohunyom on internet from a testimony share by someone who he help with his herbal cure I contact his email and ask for his help also, that is how he inform me about the cure process and this man sent me a herbal medicine which I took according to the way he instructed for 2 week I can’t believe when I go for test my result come out negative i am so happy to share this to the world there is real cure to herpes you can also contact DR.Ohunyom through his email now drohunyom@gmail.com and also WhatsApp him +2349060579973 and He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases;
    Diabetes, Lupus, HPV, Gout, Hepatitis A,B, Infertility, HIV/AIDS, CANCER

    ReplyDelete
  2. FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    I thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life
    became meaningless to me because I had Herpes virus, the
    symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family
    run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave
    up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the
    doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but
    they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making
    it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I
    came across testimonies of some people of how DR Ebhota
    cured them from Herpes, I never believed at first and thought
    it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details
    provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me
    his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two
    weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms
    disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was
    NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR
    Ebhota because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on
    telling the world about you. If you are going through same
    situation worry no more and contact DR Ebhota via
    drebhotasolution@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348089535482.
    he also special on cureing 1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4.
    ALS 5. HEPATITIS B 6.DIABETES 7. HUMAN PAPILOMA VIRUS DISEASE(HPV)8. 
    ALZHEIMER 9. LUPUS (Lupus Vulgaris or LupusErythematosus 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone, it is no longer news that the Acquired immune deficiency syndrome Herpes Virus is increasing by the day. The fear is that many people living with the sickness are scared of saying it because of the stigma that comes along with it.I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 years ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from hospital to another but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, 0n a faithfull day. I went online and i come acrosn someone who was testifying about a doctor call DR,Abolo About his herbal medecin, and i never believe in such thing but heart keeps trouble me so i decided to give it a try i contact him on his whatApp number in 7 days time i received my package then i follow the instructions giving by him i used the herbal drugs for two weaks and the doctor ask me go for check up because i was having some changes from my body i was feeling strong and healthy i went to my doctor for check up for my greatest surprise i was negative my doctor was full of surprise, then i decided to share the goood news because i know that there thausands of people out there who wre surffering from a lot of disease please help yourself and contact him on his whatApp number for a quick respond +2347044725611 and you can still reach him on his gmail draboloherbalhome@gmail.com can cure disease such as, GENITAL WARTS/ HIV AIDS. DIABETICS STROKE. H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5. HUMA PAPAILOMAVIRUS. HERPES. SYPHILIS. CANCER. HEPATITIS A B and C. HIGH BLOOD PRESSURES THANK TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME OF READING MY TESTIMONY AND MOST ESPECIALLY YOU Dr ABOLO A VERY BIG THANK YOU TOU MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

    ReplyDelete